Thursday, January 29, 2009

Difficult Tasks

"Dear God
Please remind me that I can do anything for a little while
I can do repetitive chores
I can do unpleasant things
I can do difficult tasks surrounded by difficult people, under the most unpleasant circumstances
I can do all things that I have convinced myself that I am afraid to do.
Please remind me that I can do anything for a little while.
I can feel uncomfortable
I can feel inadequate, unworthy or ill equipped and still move forward in a positive direction until I feel better.
I can feel unsure
I can feel my faith waning and my strength draining and still accomplish something good, something great, something worthwhile.
Please God, remind me that I can do anything for a little while.
When I feel like running away or turning around, please remind me.
When I am whining and complaining, please God, remind me that no task is too small, unimportant or insignificant. Remind me that all I do for you today will be rewarded tenfold tomorrow.
Please, God, remind me that I can do anything for a little while. and while I am doing all that has been given to me to do, remind me to give you praise for the ability to do anything at all.
For the presence of your peace in the midst of all of my duties, I am eternally and humbly grateful."

No comments: